The Digital Literacy workshops help you learn the essential skillsets to begin computing with confidence. Understand how to stay safe online, be more productive at home and at work and how to use technology to complement your lifestyle. and consider careers where you can put your skills to work.
What You'll Learn
- The ability to use digital technology, communication tools or networks to locate, evaluate, use and create information.
- The ability to understand and use information in multiple formats from a wide range of sources when it is presented via computers.
- A person’s ability to perform tasks effectively in a digital environment... Literacy includes the ability to read and interpret media, to reproduce data and images through digital manipulation, and to evaluate and apply new knowledge gained from digital environments.
Distance Learning (eEducation) is using technology to enhance student learning, and to expand the boundaries of the learning community through access to geographically remote teachers and courses. It breaks down the barriers for expanding education worldwide to all students by providing live or pre-prepared teacher-friendly educational solutions. It is delivered via digital and cable-quality video on demand and is serviced by a world-class team of experts to provide teacher training, technical support and media specialists for creating educational solutions.
Live Video Conferences
It's now possible to "virtually" be at your desk at work while actually being anywhere in the country - in another state, at a clients location, or on the road. Sales People, Realtors, Attorneys, Accountants, Doctors, Insurance People, people who travel, and anyone who needs to be in touch - these are the people who created this opportunity.
In addition the driving forces of the opportunity include the convergence of computing, communications, and information content, combined with the Internet as a viable method of business communications.
Expected Outcomes benefiting community members include:
- Greater utilization of the Internet
- Online workforce development training and resources
- Increased scholastic outcomes at all academic levels for students
- Greater financial literacy levels.
- Increased technology use as a result youth training about technology and leadership development.